Re: [TenTec] Pegasus Speaker

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pegasus Speaker
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 21:55:50 -0600
On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 11:01 -0600, Mark Hoffman wrote:
> I recently got a Pegasus up and running.
>
> The internal speaker is working  ,but lacks in sound quality and I
> usually do not like headphones.
>
> What is the best way to get an external speaker working?  External amp?
>

> Mark
> W7GCY

There should be plenty of power to the speaker jack for an external
speaker. I've come to prefer the Motrac vintage Motorola metal cased
speaker, but some prefer the later plastic cased Motorola speakers. Lots
of computer speakers are worse speakers than the typical radio's
internal speaker. Way back, receivers could be had with 12" speakers.
Receivers like the NC-300 and Collins 75A4. Those speakers did a fine
job but took up nearly as much table space as the radio.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,