[TenTec] Orion Deuce Running latest firmware

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Deuce Running latest firmware
From: Al Baker <w5iz@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:46:19 -0700 (PDT)
A couple of issues on my radio to share for insight:

On speaker, either internal or external, with MAIN selected, turn up AF
gain and I get a motorboating din...pop, pop, pop.  Unplug mike, no VOX
selected.  With headphones...no such motorboating even running max AF and
RF gain.

In cw, selecting narrowest DSP filter at BW 100hz...good cw copy, little
ringing.  Widen from 100hz to 700hz and filter sounds hollow.  Have to
reboot radio to clear.

Master resets, battery resets,etc.  To no avail.

Have spoken with TT and will send radio back to mother ship if no miracle
cures from you gurus.

73 de Al, W5IZ