Re: [TenTec] eHam Reviews

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] eHam Reviews
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:07:04 EDT
Well, I like them and had them all Drake, Collins, Ten Tec, Atlas,  Heathkit.
As long as they are not newer than 6 years.
Or, not a Collins KWM-380.
The KWM-380, as some may recall, was the last, great, Collins made "bad"  rig.
It was over priced and needed a factory bench to repair it.
Not software defined and downloadable programing but the Gremlins  managed to
get in it anyway.
They never got it right with that one.
And, the last of the Ham division of the company went under before thy got  a
KWM-380 II going.
Sometimes the God's do smile!
Ten Tec has made some great radios which work right, are not over priced,
and can be field repaired.
I have two of them and plan on getting a third one for field day and  camping
and RV'ing.
When the FCC completes the restructure of the Ham tickets, I have a feeling
that you will be hearing a lot more of those old rigs on the air.
They will be the entry level rigs that the majors are not providing  anymore.
The market has an opening and I bet the old boys at TT will fill it.
They have never let us down.
Dan/N4VET