Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 AT Ver2.059

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 AT Ver2.059
From: "Barry Gross" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 21:35:51 +0000
Merle, I'd also add this to your list:

9. With a strong (s9+) cw signal nearby, the subreceiver presents two
weak broad phantom signals at +/- 2Khz from the s9 signal's
fundamental.  The strength of the phantom sigs varies a bit with cw
bandwidth and dsp filter length.  This is not observed with v1
firmware and the v2 changes to the dsp filtering could be the culprit.
 I use the subreceiver a lot on topband, and this drives me nuts due
to the presence of a lot of strong east coast signals most of the
time.  Another reason I use v1.

73,
Barry N1EU