Re: [TenTec] OMNI D?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI D?
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:48:04 +0000
The TenTec Omni D series of transcievers are great radios. As for CW only,
don't believe it. Ten
Tec does make the best QSK and CW rigs in the world and are well known for it.
However, every one of my rigs (2 Omni D Series B, 1 Omni D Series C, 2 Delta's,
3 Corsair II's) have all gotten great reports on PSK-31, RTTY, CW and SSB.

Whether you want to invest in a rig that is cosmetically challenged is up to
you. It sounds as though you would prefer a rig that is in very good shape.
There are a lot of them out there. Make sure that the PTO is smooth or be
prepared to rebuild it or have TenTec do that for you. As for not being
synthesized, I have used both and personally like the older rigs (guess I'm
dating myself).

If you've never had a TenTec, you're missing a chance to own a great radio.
Dive in and enjoy

73
Dave
WA3MKB