Re: [TenTec] US Navigator Interface

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] US Navigator Interface
From: Fred Lemley <flemley@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 21:33:11 -0800 (PST)
All:

Tigertronics has a setup for the USB port already...check out their
Signal Link USB.  I got one for Christmas...it's easy to hook up and
actually works as advertised.  And the folks at Tigertronics are good
to deal with (they actually respond to e-mails and return phone
calls)...I not advertising for them, the interface just works well with
my Jupiter and I'm pleased with the product.  I also like the part
about leaving the computer's sound card free for other things and
doesn't use the serial port on the rig (uses ACC1).  Second contact was
Slovenia with 25 watts into a ground mounted trap vertical on 40 meters
using a program called MultiPSK.  Done from a location that is in a
convenant restricted neighborhood...I'm sure folks with more aluminum
in the air could really get some use from one of these if you enjoy the
digital modes.

Fred
K5QBX