[TenTec] Triton IV (544) Zero Beat

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Triton IV (544) Zero Beat
From: Joe Smith <lanier732003@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 10:47:48 -0800 (PST)
List -- I just picked up one of these classic CW rigs
and have been enjoying for several days.  I hate to
admit but, I'm mystified as to how to zero beat this
rig.  I was expecting that pulling out the 'RF-Zero
Beat' knob would yield a 750 hz spotting tone to
utilize for fine tuning(e.g., similar to holding in
the 'CW' button on an Omni 6). This does not seem to
be the case. Would be very grateful for a step-by-step
explanation on how to properly accomplish this task.
Thanks and 73, Chuck AF4PP