Re: [TenTec] Triton IV (544) Zero Beat

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Triton IV (544) Zero Beat
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 13:04:50 -0600
> List -- I just picked up one of these classic CW rigs
> and have been enjoying for several days.  I hate to
> admit but, I'm mystified as to how to zero beat this
> rig.  I was expecting that pulling out the 'RF-Zero
> Beat' knob would yield a 750 Hz spotting tone to
> utilize for fine tuning(e.g., similar to holding in
> the 'CW' button on an Omni 6). This does not seem to
> be the case. Would be very grateful for a step-by-step
> explanation on how to properly accomplish this task.
> Thanks and 73, Chuck AF4PP

If the zero beat button works like my Corsair II, it shifts the VFO by
the 700 Hz or so and you tune the received signal for zero beat, e.g.
very low pitch, as low as you can hear. Then you release the zero beat
button and you are going to transmit very close to the received signal.

You could check your results with another radio.

73, Jerry, K0CQ