[TenTec] A bit OT Orion/II v SDR-whatever Redux

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] A bit OT Orion/II v SDR-whatever Redux
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 05:41:40 -0800 (PST)
Yup Grant... TT holding one of my radios hostage at the moment, also...
Bummer...

  Still, they are lots and lots better than the dealings I've had with the
offshore makers over the years..

  As far as SDR, for contestors the lack of hard filters and IF stages means
the audio DSP cannot overcome all the qrm/qrn issues at this time... Give it
five years to develop RF stage dsp processors and it may improve dramatically...

  denny / k8do