Re: [TenTec] #%$^%$ RIT/XIT encoder

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] #%$^%$ RIT/XIT encoder
From: "Tom Whiteside" <tomw@ecpi.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:12:56 -0600
I received a very helpful note from Lee N0LYW with a suggestion that has, at
least temporarily, fixed my RIT/XIT encoder problem.   He suggested: "  Try
this as I have seen it fix the problem you describe. You may need  to do it
every six to twelve months.

Pull the RIT./XIT knob firmly out and push it back in. If still not fixed,
pull firmly out and twist while pulling and then push or just let go. Try
other combinations of pulling, twisting and pushing or just letting go. If
you can reset the encoder it may play just fine for many months."

This procedure has my encoder working again and it has been solid for a few
hours anyway.   Time will tell!  I pass this along with Lee's permission in
case it might help others similarly afflicted...

Tom N5TW