[TenTec] Paragon details

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon details
From: "Leo Bricker" <k5ldb.leo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:15:27 -0600
Well, the radio arrived and it is cool. It needs a good dusting but I can't
see anything amiss other than being a little dirty.

It went to TT on 12/14/04 for the following:
replaced u3, u4, c3,5,14 and 39 on minr loop board
repaired intermittent connections and update grounds on major loop vco's
replaced 032 on vco A major loop board
PLL alignment
checked BFO frequencies
RX alignment
checked rx and tx operation
total parts and labor $140.50

It went to TT again on 3/21/06 for the following:
replaced d4 and 5 on high pass filter board
checked BFO frequencies
RX alignment and calibrate S meter
set SWR and IC meter levels
checked rx and tx operation
total parts and labor $55.30

It seems like it's been practically rebuilt from the ground up. It does have
the 1.8, 0.5 and 0.25 filters in place.. or at least it has those 3
positions filled with something. I can't find numbers on them like 282, 285
etc. to know what they are. I don't have an antenna.. or hf privileges yet..
so I can't test it but hopefully I can at least hear something on it other
than static until then.

--
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.