Re: [TenTec] code speed

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] code speed
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 23:21:57 -0500
At 06:28 PM 1/14/07, Curt Gamble wrote:
>Another funny incident on a Navy practice cw circuit in Norfolk in mid
>60's some operator sent the following.
>"Mississippi sissies are sissier than Tennessee sissies" as fast as
>possible. They called all the logs in so they could
>figure who sent it and this individual got a few demerits on that
>one.

An associate of mine who was an Army radio op during WW2 said that
they occasionally signed off with "4Q."  To which the other op would
reply "4Q2."   This upset the monitors who sent messages to all
commands to cease this activity. :-)

I don't recall ever hearing that the Navy ops did this...   Either
the Army ops were cruder, or the Navy ops weren't as creative... :-)

w8au