Re: [TenTec] O-2, First Impressions

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O-2, First Impressions
From: K5XS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:37:57 EST

Ci,
I am a novice at the Orion II (I just got mine last week), but I think I am
pretty experienced with the Omni VI+ that I traded in, having had it (and
heavily used it) for about ten years.
I loved my Omni VI+, but I will tell you the performance and user interface
of the Orion II is SO nice.  The variable bandwidth really makes a  difference
to me (I operate mostly CW), and the DSP is a couple of generations  better
than what I had on the Omni VI+.  I am very happy I traded in my  Omni VI+.
Bernie K5XS

In a message dated 1/17/2007 10:27:56 A.M. Central Standard Time,