[TenTec] Thinking about a TT

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Thinking about a TT
From: Martin Sole <msole@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:26:06 +0700
Hi,

I've been reading this list for a little while as a part of the process
to changing my primary radio. Whilst I haven't as yet made any decisions
an Orion, 1 or 2 is in the frame. At present I use a TS940SAT, I have 2,
and my other radio interests extend to my Collins S line and assorted
other vintage radios. The 940 has been my 'big rig' for more than 10
years now and has served with honour, but it is getting tired I'm sure.

The choice of a new radio here in HS is not quite the same as in many
other places; 50MHz is not allocated here and radios with it cannot be
legally imported or registered, this rules out many other radios. Having
played a little with a friends O1 whilst in UK and having been inside it
I am generally impressed with the build quality and the apparent ease of
access, not of course to mention the overall performance. This is
important since once here this is where it will stay. Factory returns
are a non starter, no matter the need. A module, maybe, but in general
any and all work is going to have to be done by me. No problem as it is
my trade and I have access to all current production and rework
facilities and RF test equipment. Documentation is another matter though
and for the majority of radios I have repaired the availability of a
service manual with schematics and alignment procedure has been a great
help. So far I have not been able to determine if this sort of support
is available from TT. Any thoughts?

Martin, HS0ZED