Re: [TenTec] A question for those who know whats going on underthehood :

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] A question for those who know whats going on underthehood :)
From: Martin Sole <msole@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:00:08 +0700
If you are going to do it with a Pic then it seems trivial.

Use the first LO (you may need to buffer it)
Count the freq 45-75 MHz in 2.5KHz steps
Have the Pic subtract the 45MHz offset
Tune the tuner.

I doubt very much that the tuner is going to be of such narrow bandwidth
that the possible 2.5 KILOHERTZ error is significant.

What did I miss?

Martin, HS0ZED