Re: [TenTec] mic

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] mic
From: N4NTFiles@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:39:02 EST

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 00:00 -0500, John wrote:

I am looking at a astatic d 104 silver eagle for my Orion II .   Has anyone
used this mic with this radio ?  Is this a good mic for this  radio ?  thanks
John  kb2huk

Don't know about the Orion II but I've used a D-104 with a crystal element
on most every Ten-Tec coming and going.  Folks cautioned me that the  impedance
was wrong but I used it anyway.  People have always gone out of  their way to
comment on the excellent audio.  Friends who know me say it is  the most
natural sounding microphone I've used.

Mine had an amplifier in the base but I disconnected and bypassed it as it
was not helpful.  I would not hesitate to use it on any rig.

73, Mike N4NT