Re: [TenTec] AM Receiver distortion in Orion II

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] AM Receiver distortion in Orion II
From: "Larry Menzel" <retire@means.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:17:20 -0600
Number 1, I think it depends in large measure on the quality of the
playback.  I listened first on my stereo speakers on my computer and I
varied the bass as I listened.  I had to lower the bass response on the
Orion bit, and increase it on the Kenwood part to make either sound like
"normal" AM audio.  I agree with Carl,  it would seem that the Kenwood bit
is too good for a 3KHz passband.

Number 2, There is clearly a difference between the two recordings, so maybe
someone in Tennessee has a tin ear?   Hey...poking a little fun
here....nothing serious.

I think both recordings when played back on a good sound reproduction system
sound excellent.  The "muddy" factor, I suppose is simply the bass response
on a particular play back system.

Larry, N0XB