Re: [TenTec] Station Grounding

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Station Grounding
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 11:15:48 -0600
On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 08:33 -0600, Mike Gorniak wrote:
> Good luck with pursuing that argument in the court system. However
> correct you may believe that you are, if you have a conflict with this
> involving your local codes, you will be amazed at how quickly the legal
> expenses can add up. In addition, if you are a professional, you are
> placing your license(s) in jeopardy. For my part, I prefer compliance.
>
> 73,
>
> Mike
> NM7X

I prefer equipment and cattle survival and I have proven ground
isolation is the solution in some cases, in court. Codes in question
were created by committee, generally NFPA and adopted locally sometimes
with change. Often in rural situations no code has been adopted, the
only weight the NEC has is as an example of a nationally recognized code
of good practice. The NEC itself says its not the limit of good practice
that wiring can exceed its requirements though schlock wiring that just
meets the NEC is sometimes cited as being adequate even when the service
given destroys user equipment or reduces productivity.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,

Judging by my mail, the state of Iowa still considers me a registered PE
though I've not paid the license fee for a few years. And I've not done
work that required being registered either since I stopped paying.