Re: [TenTec] 1253 T kit,question about Note on L10 C43 sensitivity boost

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 1253 T kit,question about Note on L10 C43 sensitivity boost,
From: Wj5mh@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:37:57 EST

In a message dated 1/27/2007 10:56:34 AM Central Standard Time,
erskinecaldwell@sbcglobal.net writes:

am at  stage where  must decide if or if not to install L10 C43 sensitivity
boost parts

I had mine installed, but pulled the cap later.

I have found this radio to be very difficult to adjust correctly when
compared to my tube regens.  I was listening on 80 and 40 this week and had  to
back
off antenna gain to about 1/2 to 3/4.  With the gain all  the way up, the
stations disappeared.

Work at it, and you should have some fine listening once you actually find
the amateur bands.

I've had the radio for over a year, and it seems to me that I did change
some cap values for more bass response and some high frequency roll-off.  I
can't remember which caps I changed.

Regeneration on the higher frequency band is erratic, and I've seen reports
from others with the same issue.

I also had some intermittent crackling...like frying eggs.  I didn't  hear it
this week, and can't remember if that went away when I pulled C43  out of the
circuit.

The RF gain and regen pots are noisy.

Good luck, and let me know how it turns out.

Joe