Re: [TenTec] Orion/O2 Drift Problem-who is interested in a fix?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion/O2 Drift Problem-who is interested in a fix?
From: Ken N9VV <n9vv@wowway.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:06:53 -0600
Sorry Rick, I don't have the spec for PSK31, but common practice
requires that your signal vary only a few Hz (if at all). In fairness,
there are instabilities in sound cards that can cause drift too.

Another benchmark is to speak with the ESSB guys on 3615 or 14.178. I
believe you will hear from them that any drift greater than a few Hz is
immediately noticeable from their perspectives and trained HiFi ears.

Alan Davis K2WS offers an OCXO upgrade for the Flex-Radio SDR-1000 for
just that reason: http://www.n9vv.com/K2WS-OCXO.html

How about if you are transmitting into a TRANSVERTER that gets you from
10M to 10Ghz. I wonder what the 50hz drift could be, when multiplied by
the Ghz equipment?

Ken