[TenTec] AM Radio in SSB transmission

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] AM Radio in SSB transmission
From: "Gary Strong" <gjstrong@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:21:00 -0600
I purchased a Heil HM10 for my Orion II.  Speaking with Heil, they said the
appropriate cord was a modified Yaesu 8 piin cord, and as such I purchased
it from Heil.

I just hooked it up yesterday and while testing everything on a dummy load,
I am getting a local AM broadcast station on my microphone audio.  While not
loud, clearly able to be heard.  Before I open up the cord, has anyone had
this problem?  I understand the mike is grounded through the shell of the
connector, so I did make sure it was tight.

All equipment is grounded and appears to have no other problems.  Obviously
with all the threads on grounding, my setup is the typical ground rod, short
#6 wire, to a single ground point setup.  Any ideas?

Gary

KO0Q