Re: [TenTec] Orion Receiver Distortion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Receiver Distortion
From: "Ken Brookner" <kenb@brookner.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:28:13 -0800
Bill, i had this problem with my O-I.  oddly, when i unplugged my AUX
cables--the cables going into the AUX DIN connector on the back--the problem
went away.  plugging it back in would sometimes, but not always cause the
problem to return.  now, when i have this problem i just unplug and replug
the connector and the problem is solved.  this is not the same headphone
audio distortion problem i have with the 2.x firmware, and one that tentec
has duplicated.

i love this radio, but it's the quirkiest thing i've ever used.  friday
night, tuning up my alpha for the 160m contest the amp kept shutting down.
i tried to tune it on several bands with the orion but it wouldn't
tune--kept acting like i was trying to tune it up on a different band from
where i was transmitting.  figured i'd blown the amp somehow.  then, knowing
that the orion is as quirky as it is i went searching for its signal to be
sure it was where the front panel said it was.  never did find it.  a power
cycle cleared the problem.

you never know...

73,
ky5g