Re: [TenTec] USB Serial Converters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] USB Serial Converters
From: Martin AA6E <aa6e@ewing.homedns.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 13:02:42 -0500
I've been using a Keyspan USA-49WLC 4-port unit for some time.  No
problems, even works with Linux. (Well, it did until the 2.6.18 kernels
came out!)

These units are physically very nice for wiring control.  You only need
1 USB cable from the computer instead of 4 bulky serial lines.  I
install the 4-port unit near my rigs, which are somewhat distant from
the CPU.  You can install a USB hub and as many 4-port serial units as
you want, close to your rigs or other peripherals.

73 Martin AA6E