Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 51, Issue 5

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 51, Issue 5
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 13:18:39 -0600
For some time now I have been toying with the thought of putting together a battery system to run my station during emergencies . I have however little knowledge and no training or experience on how complete such a project . My station consists of a Orion II , Centurion amp and a computer. Can anyone point me in the right direction for help in building such thing ? thanks
J>ohn Molenda kb2huk

John:

The centurion is best run on 220V, So that is something to consider,

110V at the high current need for amplifier is a strain on batteries and equipment.

APC power, has a MATRIX unit that will provide 220V and takes battery packs suitable for indoor use, at 5500 KVA with 220 Volts, a 4 batter pack will handle the load for a fair period of time.

Hope this helps some.

Best wishes,
rich
K5SF