Re: [TenTec] Orion Ergonomics, Key Clicks, etc.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Ergonomics, Key Clicks, etc.
From: Martin AA6E <aa6e@ewing.homedns.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 18:58:50 -0500
"Clicking on a packet spot"?  That's not part of my Orion's repertoire!
  If you are using software to control the Orion, then that's where the
problem is.

I agree that Orion's front-panel behavior is not perfect.  I don't know
if other rigs in its class are better.  After all, these are very
complicated rigs with lots of configuration options.  I don't want to
pay $3-15K per rig to analyze them all.

My TS-520S is very intuitive in comparison, but I'm not going back any
time soon.

73 Martin AA6E