Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Intermittent Power Amp?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Intermittent Power Amp?
From: "Rick, NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 07:42:36 +0100
Peter,

I had an intermittent problem recently with my K2, It was pendeling between
100w and 12w.  Luckily the problem was only on the 160m band.  I simply
re-soldered ALL solder joints in the 160m low pass filter circuit and the
problem was solved.  I have no idea which contact was causing the problem.

My point is, it can be something as simple as a cold solder joint, anywhere
in the power circuit.

So, AFTER assuring that the problem is definitely not outside of the OMNI
(coax, watt meter, etc.), the next step would be to see if the problem is a
low level problem or in the power amp circuitry.  You need to monitor the
low level power output (which drives the amp) to determine this.

Gud luk.
Rick, NJ0IP