[TenTec] E-QSLs

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] E-QSLs
From: wo8l@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:26:00 -0400
Hi,

Yes, the ARRL needs to charge for awards to meet their expenses.  That's
resonable.

However, the low response rate via LOTW is certainly at least partially due to
the fact it's not flexible or user friendly.  E-QSL is more attractive, easier
to use and obviously much more popular.  My response rate via E-QSL is far
greater than LOTW.

I've always thought the ARRL ought to partner with E-QSL.  The ARRL could bring
its official (some might say officious) status to the system.  E-QSL could
offer a system that hams actually use.  If compromises and changes are needed
along the way, that's fine.

One thing I can say.  I'm 60 years old and have more than 200 countries
confirmed via paper.  I doubt I'll live long enough to get LOTW DXCC.  People
just don't use it enough.

By the way, my OMNI VI upgrade 3 is at Ten Tec for repair.  It was my Dad's rig
for years and then mine.
I miss the critter and hope it comes home soon.

73s,

Rick