Re: [TenTec] Jupiter's response to SWR

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter's response to SWR
From: "James C. Owen, III" <k4cgy_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:30:44 -0700 (PDT)
NO-But if the SWR is on the low impedance side, at this SWR the
finals will pull more than their rated current and the AirPax 20A
breaker will trip. This will be about 26-27 Amps. Since I use a
35A Astron I need the breaker to protect the finals as without it
I have seen as much as 30+ A with a really bad mismatch. I know
they say the power will reduce with excessive SWR but I haven't
seen it happen. So use a AirPax breaker for a degree of safety if
you're not using the matching TT power supply.
73 Jim K4CGY