[TenTec] Orion default BW by mode

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion default BW by mode
From: "Merle Bone" <merlebone@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:21:41 -0500
Randy (K4QO) said:
"I am running V2.059d and mine holds the BW setting.   No problem here."

In my station configuration I use a logging program - DXBase - to control my
Orion and to automatically collect the logging data from the Orion. I open a
telnet connected window under the DXBase logging program to see a DX cluster.
If I "click on" a DX spot on the cluster window DXBase reads and checks that
frequency against a "bandplan" table it keeps. It then sends that frequency to
the Orion and sets the mode and bandwidth to the values in DXBase "bandplan"
table. If there is a split noted in the spot, like QRX 14017, it will set the B
VFO to the split frequency and set the secondary receiver to the split
frequency and set the bandwidth and mode per the DXBase "bandplan" table.
Because the "bandstacking registers" pick up the most recent 4 radio sets, I
don't find them to be very useful in conjunction with the logging program and
telnet cluster control. I really never know what the last four spots were that
I clicked on for any band. In my case, the "bandstacking registers
 " would be more useful if they "didn't" pick up the remote control sets from
the logging program (Another "ergonomic choice" that is not available). Like a
lot of other aspects of the Orion, what you see, in terms of performance,
depends a lot on how you use the Orion and "how you measure its performance."
73, Merle - W0EWM