Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Price Increases April 1

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Price Increases April 1
From: Gary Krause <n7hts@bresnan.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:47:07 -0600
Yes Ron, I'm a very happy Argonaut V owner as well as a Century 22
owner.  I bought the Century 22 in the 80's and it's still going.  I
guess I should have been more direct in my original email and just said
that I am disappointed in the price increase.   What it boils down to is
this:  For quite a while now I have been thinking about buying a
Jupiter.  I've also been looking at the K2 and thinking about that.
They are both fine radios and the K2 has a very large following and it's
receiver has become legendary.  I probably should say that I operate a
lot of QRP.  Now that their is a price increase with the Jupiter, it
makes the K2 look even more appealing.  But, not only that it broadens
the playing field with the Icom 746 Pro which I was once looking at.
So, now I'm back where I first started months ago trying to decide which
direction to go.  Well, maybe not exactly the same place. I know all the
pro's and con's of each rig since I have had plenty of time to
research.  So, that's why I'm disappointed and maybe a little
frustrated.  They aren't making it easy!  But, hey, sometimes you just
got to let them know how you feel.:-)