[TenTec] Paragon II murphy!

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon II murphy!
From: "Denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:27:17 -0700
My paragon 2 decided, all on its own, just to drive me nuts yesterday
morning...
No matter which antenna, tuner, power supply, dummy load I had the rf output
of the paragon connected....

even with the rf drive (power control fully counterclockwise) set at
absolute minimum, and in tune position....

when activating the tune button, the paragon would almost immediately snap
the circut breaker in the power supply, due to excessive current draw.

made a call to Ten Tec....they suspected the power supply....a TT 961

Turned out to be all the screws, nuts and bolts in the rf brick have all
worked loose over the years! After I re-tightned them and checked other
assorted connections for looseness and other stuff, the paragon is back to
normal operation.

But still will pull off the cover on the power supply to see if everything
is nice and tight...