Re: [TenTec] Orion I v2 subreceiver filter blow-by

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>,"ditsnbits@tentec.com" <ditsnbits@tentec.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I v2 subreceiver filter blow-by
From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 01:11:29 +0000
I believe this is an issue with the rewritten dsp filtering algorithms in
all the O1 v2 firmware versions.  The filter blowby/sidelobe problem ALSO
exists in the main receiver.  However, it's masked in the main receiver by
the narrower roofing filters normally used in cw.  If you manually select a
wide roofing filter (eg. 20Khz) in the main rx just as an experiment, you
hear the same blowby that's getting past the dsp filtering in the main
receiver as in the subreceiver.

The dsp filtering needs fixing in the O1 v2.

73,
Barry N1EU