Re: [TenTec] transverters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] transverters
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 17:48:17 -0600
On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 16:16 -0700, Rick Williams wrote:
> Jerry I've been looking at 6 metre transverters and so I checked out the SSB
> and Kuhne sites.  It looks like Kuhne does not make a 6 metre transverter.
> My guess is the DEMI kit is about $395 when it's available (the current
> price is not in the catalogue).  And if you think that Elecraft is pricey
> (XV-50 at $369.00) the SSB transverter is $890!!!
>
> So the Ten-Tec unit looks like a steal and perhaps worth the wait!
>
> 73,
>
> Rick
> VE7TK

Yah, the Tentec transverters set a price no one else has met in a long
time, but are sometimes lower power and lower sensitivity. I have a 2m
to 6m transverter that would work better with hard keying than Rf
sensing and with a TR relay instead of the RF diode switching that costs
about 5 db NF. But I have several other ways to get on 6m that are
better and more convenient.

73, Jerry, K0CQ