Re: [TenTec] Orion II and PSK/RTTY

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II and PSK/RTTY
From: "Richard Williams" <richardw@mho.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 09:44:31 -0600
Cedric,

I have an Orion II and I am using MMTTY for RTTY and have 104W out on 80 and
96W on 10 Mtrs (using FSK); which I would suggest because when you press FSK
button it sets the filters for RTTY,  all you have to do is vary the BW to
your liking.

Am brand new to PSK (haven't even madd a contact).  Downloaded and installed
botrh WinPSK and DXPSK and interfacing the Orion to the computer with a
RigBlaster Plus.  My settings on the sound card are Vol control about 2.5
lines up and the Wave at 2.   The mic gain is 50 (which is where I have it
for my mics).  On 10 mtrs I get about 65 watts out with the ALC light out.
I can get more power by increasing any of  the above controls, but the ALC
light comes on.

Since I know absolutely nothing about PSK other than you are suppose to run
low power and there is a big tendency to overdrive,  I don't know what I
should set it for.   I do assume that I should not be driving the
transmitter into ALC action though.

Dick K8ZTT