Re: [TenTec] Centurion Tranformer Shrot Circuit

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion Tranformer Shrot Circuit
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:33:40 +0000
Do yourself a favor and get the Peter W. Dahl replacement plate transformer for the Centurion and put it in, or get the Ten Tec service dept. to do it. They will swear up and down that their xformer is okay but I went through two of theirs before I got the Dahl. Because my Centurion was already in their service dept. I asked them to install the Dahl and got an argument about that. I had to basically demand that they put it in. This prob. has been gg on for years--I bought my Centurion in 2001. I frankly do not understand why they don't use a decent h.v. transformer in the Centurion. Based on all the bad news over the past few years with regard to the Centurion B+ transformer, if I were in the market for a new 3-500 amp I'd go with the AL-82. I have had the Dahl in mine for two years now--no trouble at all. My Centurion is now a decent desktop 3-500 amp.

GL

Rob / k5uj