Re: [TenTec] Factory View of Orion Encoder Failure

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Factory View of Orion Encoder Failure
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 13:02:47 EDT
Mine went back to the shop for a bad chip on the logic board.  It  manifested
when I downloaded the last version of the software (before the most  recent).
 The radio went nuts and did all sorts of weird things when I  pushed
buttons.  They did some unspecified upgrades while it was  there.  I think if
you
want something, you better be sure to ask for it  because they were a little
vague in telling me what had been done.

I have never had an encoder issue and run DXlab or N1MM all the time.   I
have not had an RFI in the headphones issue either.  My Orion is an early  one.

I worked he BS7 also but only after I reinstalled 1.373b5.  The latest  ver 2
was too noisy and distorted.

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA