Re: [TenTec] Factory View of Orion Encoder Failure

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Factory View of Orion Encoder Failure
From: "Merle Bone" <merlebone@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 13:18:03 -0500
Bob,
My RIT/XIT encoder started failing not long after I got the radio. I "worked
around it" using the "tug and pull" approach for a couple of years. Last Fall I
took my Orion down to Ten-Tec, when I went to the Openhouse/Hamfest. I asked
them to install all of the mods developed since the radio was built and to
replace the encoder, because of the RIT/XIT encoder problems.

They did the board mods and said "no trouble found" on the encoder and said
they did not replace it. Since the rig was shipped back to me in October, last
year, I have had no failure with the RIT/XIT encoder. Nothing changed here in
terms of the rig control/etc. I don't have a clue.
73, Merle - W0EWM