Re: [TenTec] 2.038k band stacking registers

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2.038k band stacking registers
From: "Robert Redmon" <k5sm@attwb.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 17:48:15 -0500
Same here, and I don't like it either! Certainly should be forwarded to dits
and bits.

"Has anyone else noticed an anomaly with the band stacking registers on
2.038k?  When I switch bands the radio comes up in the same named register
as in the previous band.  For example, I have been on 20 cw listening for
(emphasis on for, because he has been darned hard to hear from 9 land) BS7H.

20 cw is currentlhy loaded in Band A.  When I punch the 18 meter band button
the radio also comes up with the A label on 18 which I have set for cw,
although the last time I was on 18 I was on band C at the top of the band.
In other words it appears the current band register label now carries over
in a band change.  It is impossible for me to switch between 20 cw and 18
phone by s simple push of the band buttons.  I also need to push the new
band button enough times to get to the label I want."