Re: [TenTec] The ideal transceiver

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The ideal transceiver
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 21:49:34 -0400
As John has said below, much depends on one's operating preferences.

Computer control is a must-have for me.

I operate almost all digital modes these days, plus an occasional burst of
SSB, and nothing else.

I don't care if the radio can even generate CW or AM transmissions
(although, yes, I earned my extra back when you needed the 20 wpm code).  I
just don't prefer those modes personally.

The receiver front end is tops with me....selectivity, selectivity, and more
selectivity.  Follow that with good noise reduction, DSP or otherwise.

YMMV

73 de Gary, AA2IZ