[TenTec] Omni VII meter.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VII meter.
From: k8vf_mark@centurytel.net
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 20:35:00 -0400
2) when using SWR for TX meter in SSB,  if I key the mic and DO NOT talk,
the swr climbs up to 9.9:1 and stays there. As soon as I talk, it drops to
the appropriate level.  Is this intentional, to advise that the mic is
keyed?  or is it a function of the firmware?

Any ideas?

In my previous query, item 2 above:

There is no actual output, but the meter indicates swr of 9.9:1 until I
speak, ssb only.

Question 3)  once I begin to speak in ssb mode with meter in swr, a red bar
steps down  to the bottom of the swr markings, then back to the top, only to
repeat itself as long as I am talking.

If I stop talking, meter goes to 9:1 again.....no output observed.

Does anyone know if this is normal behavior, or has anyone else seen it with
the omni VII ?

Thanks, MArk