Re: [TenTec] New Orion I v2 Firmware version: 2.062a

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Orion I v2 Firmware version: 2.062a
From: Martin AA6E <aa6e@ewing.homedns.org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 17:38:11 -0400
Rick,

I'll go with half full, if you like!  I (heart) my Orion.

The number to watch is the total number of "outstanding issues" (bugs &
mis-features) over time.  It should be decreasing, and it probably is --
slowly.  Rapidly fixing bugs that were just introduced in the last
release is good (very good!), but it doesn't help the long term picture.

Software developers will generally tell you that extensive testing is
crucial to a successful product. I understand TT used to have an Orion
beta test program, but it folded for reasons unclear to me.  It should
have caught the recent bugs.

A suggestion for risk-averse users: wait a month before installing a new
update!

73 Martin AA6E