Re: [TenTec] Raspy,treble sounding audio on transmit SSB Corsair II.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Raspy,treble sounding audio on transmit SSB Corsair II.
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 16:27:29 -0600
On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 15:58 -0400, OTAKEBI@aol.com wrote:
> I am getting reports that my audio on SSB is sounding like it pops up  and
> down and is raspy on my Corsair II.
> Scope shows clean output, no flat topping but, does show signs of audio
> going up on peaks.
> Almost like the peak causes the audio to go to normal level.
> After it does this a few times output on scope looks normal.
> I have checked the mic and all connections in the mic.
> If I throw the switch to my OMNI V I have no problem.
> They are both on the same power supply and ground and antenna system.
> So, must be in the Corsair II.
> Any Corsair II owner have this happen to them?
> What was the fix?
> Thanks,
> Dan/N4VET

Board to board cable connections and board mounting screws. Quarter
drops of DeoxIT on the connector pins can help along with some
mechanical motion to grind through the oxides.

If that fails then you need to alternately heat and cool whole boards
then parts of boards where that heat and cool cycle changes operation.
You can do that down to the part and its possible an IC or transistor
has a bad internal connection. This takes a hot air gun and a container
of a Freese Mist circuit cooler.

Every oscillator mixer and transmitter IF stage plus transmitter audio
stage affects the output of a SSB transmitter.
--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,