Re: [TenTec] CW Tuning Indicator For Omni V, VI, VI+

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW Tuning Indicator For Omni V, VI, VI+
From: ron <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 14:43:42 -0400
John Huffman wrote:
> I must be pretty tone-deaf because I have a hard time zero-beating CW
> signals.  On my K2 I
> added the K6XX CW Tuning Indicator and it works really well.
>
> I bought another CW indicator and installed it in my Ten Tec Omni VI+.
> Turned out to be
> pretty easy.
>
> The kit for the CW Indicator Board is available from WA3WSJ for $27.  It's
> surface mount,
> so if you want him to put it together it's an extra $10.  Order the kit for
> the K1 as it
> has the LED included.

I cannot speak for the other rigs but the K1 already has zero beat function.

Regarding the kit, I believe for those tone-deaf or hearing impaired
like myself, it may solve "zero beating the other op" problem as I
always tend to go a little higher in tone in order to hear them.

I resolve the problem by using RIT. Once on (or close) in freq, I use
RIT to set set a pitch I can hear.
Don't forget to shut it off when done with QSO!

Ron, wb1hga
"the 516 is a keeper, and it's also cute"