[TenTec] O2 Sweep Anomoly

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] O2 Sweep Anomoly
From: ac9s@mchsi.com
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 14:55:33 +0000
My O2 will sometimes exhibit a complete blanking of the sweep window.  It is
infrequent, transient and aperiodic.  I haven't noticed any correlation with
heat or the length of time the radio is turned on. The blanking is just a
fraction of a second.  It isn't very objectionable, but I am afraid it signals
an upcoming failure.  I am currently on 2.039d which seems to be the best of
the releases since I acquired the Orion a year ago.  Has anyone else seen
blanking problem?

By the way - I picked up an IC-7000 at Dayton for use in my car.  It has an
excellent set of manual notch filters, which I really miss on the Orion.  I
really wish Ten Tec could get the notch fixed; it is essentially redundant
with the AN as it currently stands and not very useful.

Thanks -

Keith
AC9S