Re: [TenTec] Inrad Roofing Filters for Omni VI

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Inrad Roofing Filters for Omni VI
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:04:17 -0700
Subject to what Terry said from his QTH - I find the 600 Hz (lower
center freq.) roofing filter to be very helpful in heavy QRM and noise
situations for my ears.  It helps the audio DSP to engage better when
the signal is just next to the noise for my ears, I really can hear the
difference.  I mostly deal with noise and digging down to try to hear a
weak one, not big time QRM.  However, when there is big time QRM right
nearby, and I mean right nearby, I use the roofing filter and the other
two filter options and can really clean the signal up.  I am a
believer.

Clark

On Jun 14, 2007, at 8:52 AM, PaulKB8N@aol.com wrote:

> I only see a couple of entries in the eHam reviews for the Inrad
> roofing
> filters for the Omni VI.  I'm considering getting the CW version and
> would
> appreciate any comments on the performance enhancement that these
> filters  provide.

Clark Savage Turner, J.D., Ph.D.
WA3JPG
Professor of Computer Science