Re: [TenTec] Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion
From: "Merle Bone" <merlebone@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:46:40 -0500
Mark (PA5MW) wrote:
> Mark, I would like to know which firmware version you use.

1.373b5

'73  Mark PA5MW
I gave up and went back to V1.373b5 today. I had been on V2.062a for a couple
of weeks. It certainly has some improved performance
over other V2 releases for the Orion - including the Speech Processing.
However, it exhibits some of the "old bugs" - that had been
found and fixed before.....like the failure of the main receive audio if you
transmit with the subreceiver in AM and the failure to pick up the
"PTT in CW as MOX" setting from the menu. In addition, it seems to have some
other minor bugs - signals disappearing when you change bands
on occasion and the AGC/Noise/Audio just doesn't sound as good as the V1 code -
and other issues. Hopefully some "process breakthrough" will generate a
more robust firmware release next time. I've sent notes to ditsbits@tentec.com
on the issues.
73, Merle - W0EWM