[TenTec] Omni VI Plus/CW/Filter Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus/CW/Filter Question
From: "Arthur Trampler" <atrampler@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:41:15 -0500
I am thinking about getting an Omni VI Plus from my brother.  I would add the
Inrad roofing filter and 9mhz narrow filters.  From what I can tell, the VI
Plus is set up for a 750 hz offset, as far as the stock filters go.  Yikes, I
like less than 500.

If I understand this properly, although the VI Plus has variable offset/pitch,
the 9mhz N1/N2 filter and any roofing filter have to be set for a lower offset
if all is going to work.  From what I can see, my choice on the roofing filter
if I want this is the Inrad 765.

With discontinuing the 28# numbers, is there a 250hz 9mhz filter, with the
passband centered around 500hz?  Or the 6.3mhz if filter?

Finally, I have heard a rumor that running the lower offset requires a
re-alignment of the rig.  This makes no sense to me...but what do I know?

Input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Art, KC2G