[TenTec] 6n2 aux speaker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 6n2 aux speaker
From: "Richard Williams" <richardw@mho.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 23:02:18 -0600
I recently acquired a NCS  Multi-Switcher so that I can switch my two
mics between three different radios.  The unit also switches the speaker
audios to one speaker.

Have had the radio for a couple of years, but for some reason I had
failed to notice that the 6N2 is one of the few radios that does not
have and external speaker jack.  Found that surprising, but figured
installing one would not be a big deal;  however, after taking a quick
look at the schematic, it looks like Ten Tec is not using a "standard"
audio arrangement.   I.E. where one side of the speaker is grounded

Am wondering if anyone else out there has "modified" the 6n2 so that an
external speaker can be used and one side is grounded??

Thanks

Dick K8ZTT