[TenTec] 544 Triton IV

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 544 Triton IV
From: "Paul Gates, KD3JF" <pearly732003@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:02:11 -0700 (PDT)
Today I picked up a 544 and AC supply from a Systems  Administrator for one of
the Congressmen in DC and I surely do love it. This may sound crazy but glad to
have a 544 again. The receive audio is just what I like. This afternoon I
worked 40, 20 and 75 tonight.

I heard a guy this afternoon in Traverse City, Michigan near where I used to
live. He was on 40 and I was hearing him good but he never came back to me and
then I realized I was hearing him through my dummy load!

I do not have the manual yet but would not be surprised if the SSB filter is
about 2.7 or at least 2.4. It certainly sounds beautiful. CW sounds terrific...
I have the 250hz filter so that should do me good.

A happy camper....

Paul, KD3JF
Glen Burnie, MD