[TenTec] 6 Meter Transverter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 6 Meter Transverter
From: "Doug Turnbull" <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 15:25:52 +0100
Hi All,
I have just ordered a TT 1208 6 meter transverter from AOR UK so I would
imagine this popular transverter is again available in W land.   I plan to
use this transverter with my O2 and hope to drive an ACOM 1000 with the
eight watts to get perhaps 80 Watts output.   Has anyone tried this
combination of O2, TT1208 and ACOM 1000?   I must read the manual once the
kit comes.   Perhaps one uses the low power output at the back of the Orion
2 to drive the transverter and then uses the "TX OUT" and "TX EN" signals to
control the ACOM 1000 amplifier.
                      73 Doug EI2CN